Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DTC 355 past and potential projects


I really like the simple layout of the Dove project. The alignment/sequence of pictures and text really make it clear what the site is about. The instructional text is clearly separated from others ensuring that the viewer knows how to use the site. I like that pictures of the different webtexts are used as the links. Much more interesting and cleaner than naming all of them separately.

My only criticism is that the text on the front page is a little too low. I think the large dove logo in the middle is unnecessary especially because it's already in a link just above it.
           
I think this site is very clever given the topic. They made a web comic analyzing web comics...mind blown. The way the character is telling us about the project is almost like a presentation. Also, not having too much text on the first page is good because the comic immediately attracts the viewer and makes them want to click to the next page.

One problem may be the amount and size of the text in the captions. I understand that it's a project so there has to be a lot of text but maybe space it out a bit more. Or maybe allow the user to click on the bubble and the text appears larger on the screen.
            
The last link didn't work for me :/ I'll add it to this post later if it gets fixed!
           
I want my first page to be relatively simple without any major text. A background picture of a person performing Hamlet holding a marijuana leaf instead of a skull is going to be the primary visual. The only text will be a title to give the viewer a clue what the website is about. Something along the lines of "To blaze, or not to blaze... what both sides are doing to win your vote!" Pictures along the right hand side are going to be the links to other pages and a small home, contact, etc. bar will be located at the bottom. Links to the anti-pot sites will reflect their views or maybe sample thumbnails from their sites. The pro-pot websites will get a similar treatment. 

At the moment I'm not sure if I want to dedicate a page to each text or organize them by similarities, differences, success vs failures, etc. I figure that will become apparent through the research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment